Potts Point, NSW 2011
Type of Property: Apartment
Reason For Purchase: Primary Residence
Address: 23/123-125 Macleay Street, Potts Point, NSW 2011
Having first spotted the beautiful Franconia building years earlier, my client fell in love with the grand Art Deco architecture, it’s majestic street entrance and classic timber panelled foyer. So when the opportunity came up to own in the building my client reached to Cohen Handler and myself to help him secure it for him. With strong bidding at the auction from multiple bidders we were delighted to be the successful winners on the night. Renowned as one of Sydney’s finest Art Deco landmarks, Franconia was built c1930 and inspired by New York’s grand apartment buildings.
About the Property:
Captivating views across Fitzroy Gardens treetops and iconic El Alamein Fountain are the hallmark of this ultra spacious apartment on the 5th level of Franconia, a grand Art Deco building with a majestic street entrance and classic timber panelled foyer. Designed by renowned architect Walter Leslie Nielsen, Manhattan inspired c1930 Franconia is one of the most highly acclaimed period buildings in Potts Point.
Enviably set in the heart of this cosmopolitan village precinct with shops, cafes, restaurants and buses at the door, the apartment has a generous floorplan with large light-filled rooms featuring 2.8m high ceilings and polished timber floors.
The wide entry hall flows to huge interconnected sitting and dining rooms, an enormous king-size main bedroom, 2nd double bedroom, renovated bathroom (with shower above bath), Euro laundry and spacious gas kitchen with original cabinetry. Exceptionally comfortable and immediately livable, the apartment has scope for a modern makeover to capitalise on its blue-chip location.
Other features included;
- Exceptionally generous floorplan with large rooms featuring 2.8m ceilings
- Sweeping district views across Fitzroy Park treetops & El Alamein Fountain
- Ultra spacious light-filled living & dining areas with wide sash windows
- Large kitchen with stainless steel gas range and period cabinetry
- Huge king-size bedroom with built-in wardrobe and park views
- 2nd double bedroom, with built-ins
- Sleek white-tiled renovated bathroom with shower above bath
- Concealed Euro laundry
- Secure company title building with 2 lifts & wrought-iron entrance
- Common roof terraces with CBD skyline & harbour views to The Heads
- Level walk to train station, post office, supermarket & shopping village
- City buses, cafes, restaurants & Saturday Farmers Market at doorstep